That's KIMI (part I)

by - 6/02/2009 10:45:00 p.m.

Alexander Wurz/Former team mate
It isn't any secret that Kimi doesn't talk much. We worked together for 6 months before we had exchanged more than three words and those times we tested all the time so we spent much time together. Then I started to talk about motocross and noticed that Kimi is very talkative when he feels comfortable.
I've always thought that Kimi is straight, honest and has a very clean nature. He has often been misunderstood. We still have a good relationship. It can take 6 months that we don't speak but when we speak the jokes are flying and we are immediately on the same wave length.

Toni Vilander/Racer
I've known Kimi since we were boys in karting. One thing that hasn't changed is that Kimi never speaks anything bad about other drivers and has never taken part in any politics. I believe that Kimi is in a good stitch when the season begins.

Kalle Jokinen/Former mechanic
I circulated races in Europe with Kimi when he was driving karting. I've seen many unbeliavable performances from him. Kimi is an incredible driver. That guy goes fast with any machine - snow mobile, motocross bike, rally car like we've seen this winter. If he would drive a caterpillar he would drive millions with it. I believe in Kimi as in a mountain. He is champ favourite Number One.


Kaj Lindström/Navigator in rally
The first time I met Kimi was in Jyväskylä 2005. The next year we got to know each other better in Monte Carlo rally where Kimi was driving the front car for Jukka Jalonen. I've sat beside Kimi now in two rallys and I have to say that the speed has been incredible right from the start.
From Kimi you can see that he wants to go forward all the time and develop himself as a rally driver also. He is very hard on himself and can be very critical when it comes to his own performances. We haven't decided the next rally but we have talked that it should be either on asphalt or on gravel. We might rally during the F1-season.

Jesse Palanto/Thai Boxer
I've known Kimi for a longer time. I'm a thai boxer but I have never taught Kimi my sport. Kimi is calm and determined and doesn't take pressure on himself. He never bugs into other people's doings, instead he lets other people be in peace. It doesn't surprise me at all that Kimi has become a F1-WDC.

Danny Watts/Former team mate
Anyone who dresses himself up as a gorilla and takes part in a snow mobile race under the name James Hunt has to be a great guy! It's legendary. Without doubt Kimi feels most comfortable when he has his helmet on his head.
When we started as team mates in Renault I said that he is the future WDC. He had already back then the icy look in his eyes and the kind of determination you need. We had some good fights. He pushed me a couple of times on the grass in Thruxton and i still haven't forgotten about it.

Norbert Haug/Mercedes boss
Kimi is a splendid guy. I got invited to his wedding and I'm sure it came from his heart. If Kimi doesn't like something he shows it but still he isn't unfriendly. In the group of people that he likes and trusts he is a good guy. Kimi might seem cold but he is more interested in driving than in press conferences. I'm sure it shows in his behaviour from time to time.

You May Also Like

0 comments