THE JUG HOME

by - 6/01/2009 01:13:00 a.m.

To tell you the truth the weekend in Monaco was better than we have had in a long time. But can't help it. It didn't quite fall into place there either. Because the only thing I want is to win, it was all the same if I came 2nd or 3rd.

The prize jug means much more to the team than it means to me. Those guys work their a*ses off from morning to evening and it's a great thing when the results get better. We are getting new blocks for the next race and when the direction is right, like it is, we will take poles and win races sooner or later.

It just takes a while before everything goes the way we want.

The quali in Monaco was a hundred times more important than in any other place. I pretty much nailed it. I got lucky when the laptime came in the right time. For once it went this way.

But since I didn't get on pole I lost already on Saturday. It seems to go everytime the same way when in the second square. I had to take harder rubbers because otherwise the softer ones would have turned into chew too fast. Barrichello had softer tyres and the cleaner side of the track. He went past me while I was spinning on place.

*** No swearing *** it, it just went like this again. I got busted. I lost the victory in the quali and the 2nd place in the start.

If I would have got after the leading car I could have tried harder. I just lost more and more behind Barrichello when he had some prob with his tyres. The rest of the race was just to keep my third place.

It was good that both cars finished, we scored good points and I beat my team mate. From here it's good to continue like the saying goes.

The car is better and will get only better the whole time. When we win with it we are where we want to be.

I get cool feelings when the team gives me opportunities to drive rally. I go this weekend to Italy and get to try for the first time how the Fiat Punto goes on tarmac. Let's see how the tarmac man hits the tarmac ground with a rally car.

You May Also Like

0 comments