Kimi's Bahrein Interview

by - 2/24/2009 10:04:00 p.m.

Video: http://www.mediafire.com/?tnomldnzhnu

Far from the spotlights Kimi Raikkonen is perhaps an interesting person, but he closes himself like an hedgehog, when a microphone appears.

Q - "What is your best quality?"
A - "Don’t ask me. You have to ask someone else!"

They call him the Iceman of F1, but behind his light blue eyes could be a heart of ice or the secret of his coldness in driving. Raikkonen often protects his eyes wearing dark black glasses.

Q - "What was your best race last year?"
A - "I won once or twice ... I don’t even remember how many! However, it’s not important. I have to say you that last year in some of my best races I haven’t collected any results, so...
Once he was seen under a gorilla coat; in the Artic Rally which he has recently raced in Finland he used James Hunt’s name, the 70s cursed pilot who Kimi probably feels to have some affinity with.

Q - "Why did you choose the name James Hunt?"
A - "I don’t know, it’s a long story, it was born to joke with my friends. It would be complicated to tell you all briefly. It's just a game.”

Last year did not arrive to play the title at the last race, although in 2008 he was the driver who has earned most of all, about 30 million euro on his contract.

Q - "It was not however a good season ..."
A - "I've left behind, I hope to do better this year."

Q - "Was there a worst moment?"
A – “It’s very difficult to choose one, a single moment. The whole season was not sure how I hoped it to be. "

Q - Hamilton or Massa, is your strongest rival?"
A - "I don’t know who will be the fastest and it’s early to say which team will be stronger between Ferrari and McLaren. And maybe even there will be another team that will come out. We will see in the first race."

Since last race in Brazil he has lost a few kilos of his weight. Surprised, the Finnish newspapers headlined that he would have drank only water in public during the winter break.

Q - "Do you feel more focused than past years in winning the World Championship?"
A – “It’s always difficult to win the title, but it’s my only goal today."

D - "Have you got a wish?”
A – “Not at all. We only need to give it all to reach the result, and sometimes it succeeds."

That’s Kimi.

[via KimiRaikkonenOfficialForum]

You May Also Like

0 comments