Raikkonen "as hungry as ever"

by - 10/21/2012 02:32:00 p.m.


Kimi Raikkonen says his desire to win is as strong as ever, following the news that he has signed on for a second season with Lotus.

The 33-year-old Finn may have failed to win a grand prix so far in his comeback campaign, but he currently lies third in the championshipl, has finished in the points in all but one race and has also completed every racing lap.

Raikkonen last won a grand prix at Spa in 2009 and, having come close to victory on a couple of occasions this season, admits the desire to add a 19th win to his tally still burns strong.

"My hunger for winning is exactly the same as always and I think I've shown that I'm capable of fighting for victories," said Raikkonen. "Obviously there have been none so far this year, but we have come close a few times and for sure we'll keep on trying for as long as it takes to start winning again.

"This season has shown me that I still love racing as much as I ever did," he added. "Obviously, I would have not come back to the sport if I did not feel like this.

read more

You May Also Like

0 comments