Car was quick enough for fourth - Raikkonen

by - 10/08/2012 12:19:00 p.m.


Kimi Raikkonen believes he could have qualified fourth had he not spun off during Q3 at the Japanese Grand Prix.

Raikkonen was eighth fastest but will start from seventh on the grid once Jenson Button's grid penalty is taken into account. The Lotus driver was struggling for pace during practice, but said the car was much quicker by the time he reached the final stage of qualifying.

"We had some issues the whole weekend so it wasn't easy, but we had the speed in qualifying and I think we were fourth fastest but unfortunately I spun off," he said. "Looking at how difficult it has been with all the problems, it's been okay. I would rather it was like this than I'd been eighth because I was slow. So we had the speed at least.

read more

You May Also Like

0 comments