FIA World Rally Championship powered by Nokia

by - 4/20/2012 03:41:00 p.m.


Kimi Raikkonen says the FIA World Rally Championship powered by Nokia remains unfinished business and that he'd relish the chance to take part on Neste Oil Rally Finland in August if his contract with the Lotus Formula One team allowed it.

Raikkonen returned to Formula One for the 2012 season following a two-year stint in the WRC where he scored a best finish of fifth in Turkey in 2010 and recorded a fastest stage time in Germany in the same season.

In an interview with Motorsport News in the United Kingdom today, Raikkonen said: “I knew [rallying] was tough as I’d done some before but it’s different at the highest level. I knew it wouldn’t be easy. Of course, I wanted to do better. But I’m not finished. I want to go back, whether for my career or after I don’t know.

“I’d like to do Rally Finland this season as it fits with the calendar but you’ll have to ask the team if it fits in my contract. Formula One and rallying are two completely different sports. In rallying everything is different. Okay, you have the pace notes but you don’t know for sure what’s around the next corner.”

You May Also Like

0 comments