Finland vs Sweden

by - 11/20/2009 10:38:00 p.m.


Driver's tight in Sweden nowadays

Björn Waldegård is not disapproving the fact that Sweden hasn't been capable of producing more WRC-quality drivers during the last years.

– On the contrary I want to congratulate Finland for it's ability to produce new drivers all the time. I don't know exactly why it is that way but I can only say that rally is a big thing in Finland.

– Maybe it's easier to find sponsors in Finland. It's almost impossible for a young Swedish driver to find the support you need in order to rise up to the top in rally.

– Congratulations Finland! It's a fact, Waldegård says.

Björn Waldegård knows what he is talking about.

– I have been both Hannu Mikkola's and Ari Vatanen's team mate. I often took part in Jyväskylä rally. Yet the most important race-country for me has been Kenya and it's Safari-rally which was my favourite and which today belongs to the so called class of classical rallies. I took part in it with my son Mathias in 2007. We won which was emotionally speaking a giant thing.

Waldegård says he acknowledges the pain that the world's financial state has caused to the car industry.

– It would be really miserable if we would be experiencing the Swedish car industry's beginning of end, Waldegård sums up. 


source: KR Forum

You May Also Like

0 comments