We are fourth best at the moment

by - 6/24/2009 11:22:00 p.m.

Kimi Raikkonen admits Ferrari's fourth place in the Constructors' Championship is a true reflection of their "current value".
The Scuderia have had a troubled season so far and have accumulated only 26 points, which leaves them 79 points behind pacesetters Brawn GP after eight races.
Raikkonen, who has only 10 points and one podium to his name, admits the top three of Brawn and Red Bull are well clear of Ferrari at the moment.
"We are in position four in the Constructors' Championship and I think that this is our current value," he told the Ferrari website.
"We're out there fighting for third position, but the two teams on the top are still ahead of us in terms of performance."
Although the 2007 World Champion was glad to be among the points at Silverstone, he concedes eighth place is not good enough for the Italian outfit.
"Starting from the fifth row my goal was to gain some points," he said. "This time I had a good start: the main straight is quite long, but it wasn't enough to pass Nakajima. I came on the grass and then I was on fifth position, impossible to gain more, because my first stint was too short.
"I couldn't overtake: in the fast corners at Silverstone it's very difficult to stay behind the car in front of you, especially when you have less fuel on board than the first ten cars on the grid. So I had a difficult race. In the end I gained one point. Better than nothing, but still a poor result."

via Planet F1

You May Also Like

0 comments