Developments in the right direction

by - 6/23/2009 11:15:00 p.m.

We had some pretty interesting improvements on the F60 at Silverstone, such as an improved front suspension and a new front wing. On such a fast track it was important to understand how much downforce we could have: we can say for sure that the car wasn't bad in terms of the set up, but we're still missing downforce to be able to compete with the leaders. Having said that, the developments go in the right direction.
The qualifying seemed very promising. I was very happy with my lap in Q2, but then, when I had refueled the car didn't go as good anymore. Starting from the fifth row my goal was to gain some points. This time I had a good start: the main straight is quite long, but it wasn't enough to pass Nakajima. I came on the grass and then I was on fifth position, impossible to gain more, because my first stint was too short. I couldn't overtake: in the fast corners at Silverstone it's very difficult to stay behind the car in front of you, especially when you have less fuel on board than the first ten cars on the grid. So I had a difficult race. In the end I gained one point. Better than nothing, but still a poor result. We are on position four in the Constructors' Championship and I think that this is our current value. We're out there fighting for third position, but the two teams on the top are still ahead of us in terms of performance.

After Silverstone we have two whole weeks to get ready as good as possible for the last two races before the summer break. The first of these two races is at the Nuerburgring. We'll get there with some improvements. It's a track with more slow corners and more braking points than the English circuit. We have to be more competitive, but it will also depend from the improvements the others can make. As usual.
I want to congratulate Sebastian for his great race. If the Brawns had some problems we could benefit: the next circuit is very different from Silverstone. We'll see how things go before we make any conclusions.

via Ferrari.com

You May Also Like

0 comments