PRETTY GOOD, I GUESS

by - 4/30/2009 11:09:00 p.m.

I always set the bar very high when I'm racing. Sixth place isn't really much to shout about, but this time it felt just a little bit good. We've had so much trouble that it was good to have a solid race and bring the car home.

I couldn't have gone any faster with this car. Three points ain't much, but it's better than nothing, and at least we're back in the race. I don't think anybody expected us to have such a start to the season, but now it's looking a little better.

The guys at the factory are working really hard to get the new car ready in time. Wind tunnel tests suggest that it's better and faster, but we can't know for sure until we take it to the track.

All the other teams are building new packages for Barcelona as well. Let's hope ours is the strongest.

In Bahrain both of our cars finished. That's a good sign as well. Improved reliability makes it easier to introduce the new package. It'll still take time to get it right, but we're confident that once it's ready, we'll be racing for wins.

Man, was Bahrain a tough race! It's the hottest track of the season and I'm really happy that we made it through in one piece. It's about 60 degrees in the *** No swearing *** and then you have to go sit in there wearing coveralls and long johns. It was a full day's work, but I'm in a good shape and all the hard work I put in over the winter certainly paid off.

The car really wasn't completely rubbish, even though we're still lacking speed. I'm pretty happy with the balance, especially on the softer tires. Once again we could see that hot weather is better for our car.

I had the chance to go for fifth. During the second pit stop we had a bit of a problem with one of the front tires, and we couldn't stay ahead of Barrichello. It would have been hard to fight him off on those hard tires, but it would have been nice to at least give it a shot.

Glock put up a tough challenge, but fortunately his car was no match for ours on the straights, and I was able to keep him under control.

We're way behind in the championship. It's no use even thinking about our chances before we've raced the new car. That'll give us an idea of how much we can catch up and when. What's most important now is to get a stronger car for Barcelona. If we can get even three tenths closer to the top runners, that'll take us several places up the grid straight away.

Now I have a few to days to enjoy the ice hockey world championships. It's great to have the tournament close to home, so I can go watch the games myself. I already saw Finland play against Denmark. Next we'll see what happens with the Czechs.

I myself have a bit of time to play golf and tennis. This is the best part of the season, when the races move to Europe and we don't have to fly very far. I have a pretty about our next race.

You May Also Like

0 comments