F1 Racing Interview III

by - 4/05/2009 10:54:00 p.m.

You become this year 30. Other sportsmen have to work harder after reaching this mark...
I´m still young. The form curve still moves upward and not downward. At least I hope that it doesn´t go to the dogs. Everything is okay with me. Sometimes I like to sleep a bit longer, but I don´t think that this has something to do with my age. I haven´t changed. And also my performance in the car remains unchanged. Unfortunately it is sometimes more difficult to get a car, which is to your liking. The car changed a lot when we switched to the bridgestone tyres. Now with slicks, it´s much better but we still have a lot to learn.

Are you ready to make sacrifices to get good results?
I have already done that. Otherwise I wouldn´t have won the world championship.You have to organize your life...

But people see you at parties, having fun, they question your lifestyle...
So what? That doesn´t matter. I still can win races and titles. I don´t mind if people read some stories about me or invent some. Everyone does things differently and besides, they don´t know at all how I live. Or do they know? No! Because they don´t know what I do and deliver. Therefore I´m not interested in other opinions and actions. Only I know what I´m doing and it´s working.

happy

" I do what I want and I´m happy"

Would you say your a happy person?
Oh, I´m happy. If I hadn´t been happy, I would have changed something in my life. But there´s no need to do that now.

There are people who say: "Live as if you´ll die today!" Are you thinking also in this way?
Fact is, you can die from one day to the next. Therfore you should enjoy your live. It could be finished just within two seconds, you never know. I do what I want and I´m happy with it. I have nothing to complain about.

What´s better?: A brilliant lap in monaco or to do a high jump (10 metres) with the snowmobile?
To be brilliant in monaco is definately a more difficult job. With the snowmobile you can always jump high, but the most important thing is to land in one piece, that matters most....

Does wodka make you happy?
Eh? If it makes me happy? When you go out, you try to have fun - that works with a beer, but also with a coke. It´s all about spending time with people you like. Some people like to have a drink, some not - everyone can decide how he lives.

Are you enjoying your job?
I enjoy the job. I enjoy racing...

But to be here and giving an interview isn´t really fun, right?
I mean, I don´t decided to be in Formula One because of this, right? I´m here to race. I don´t know anybody who likes these sort of things.

You May Also Like

0 comments