Q&A with Raikkonen

by - 2/16/2009 10:29:00 p.m.

Yesterday morning the times were very high due to the track being damp from cleaning. For two hours the laptimes were in the 1:50's. Little by little they went down, with Raikkonen eventually setting the best time of the day: a 1:33.350.
After 15:00 there was a hydraulic problem that forced Raikkonen to be sidelined for 1,5 hours.

Translated Q&A with Raikkonen:

Q: How do you like the slick tyres ?
Raikkonen: ''They're quite good even though I had a spin in the morning, but it was the first time I tested on a dry track. We know where we are and it's a good starting point. The lost days ? I'm here to drive, there was nothing we could do to change the situation. Now I've made up for it a bit.''

Q: You've been driving with KERS...
Raikkonen: ''And it works well, sometimes it has problems (minor problem on Monday - AFCA) but today it was perfect, like it was in Mugello. It's a nice addition.''

Q: Which of the new regulations do you like most ?
Raikkonen: ''Certainly I like the slicks because they allow for a more exciting drive with respect to the grooved tyres, even though you slide about more when they're worn down. We hope we can improve the tyre (management) with the Grand Prix' in sight. In any case, for F1 it's the best choice.''

Q: Were the tyres worn down when you spun ?
Raikkonen: ''It wasn't down to the tyres: I ended up in a run-off area which was very slippery and dusty.''

Q: How do you prepare for the new season, does anything change ?
Raikkonen: ''I don't know. I hope to do well. I try to give my utmost in testing to be ready for the Grand Prix'.''

Q: Is it true that you've decided to only drink water and coca-cola in order to come back to the winning ways ?
Raikkonen: ''A Finnish paper wrote that. I don't think I have to talk about my private life.

[via netbulvar]

You May Also Like

0 comments