Post race Brazil

by - 11/05/2008 10:13:00 p.m.

Q. Kimi, talk us through the race from your point of view.

Kimi RAIKKONEN: I knew what I was supposed to do and it wasn't the best race ever. The car was quite difficult, I don't know why. The tyres felt quite tricky, especially the front tyres on the first set. The second set was a bit difficult at the beginning. It started to be a bit better in the end and I was catching up Fernando but then came the rain and I was right behind him and I got some instruction not to risk anything for Felipe and I decided to stay in third place.

For us we won at least the team championship. It was unlucky for Felipe but that was one of our aims. I mean we got that at least and it was what we wanted and we could do it. It was not the easiest year for the team and for both of us but we got good results for the team and we must be happy. It was Stefano's (Domenicali) first year as team boss and it has not been easy all the way through, so I am very happy for him.

Q. Kimi, obviously you were catching hard at the end, was it that the tyres really came to you? Was it a struggle early on?

KR: The first set, especially, was quite difficult. The car didn't want to turn but it was slightly better at the beginning of the second one, the second set of dry tyres, and then it got better all the time, so I was able to catch up. As Fernando said, when the rain came and I got close to him, they told me not to risk anything because if I went off, it would not be good for the team, for Felipe's situation at that moment. For myself it was no difference and the team would have won the championship anyhow, so we just came home third.

Q. What were the conditions like out there?

KR: Of course, it was wet at the start but the grip was not too bad, actually. It was trickier on dry tyres when there were some wet patches and I took it very easily at those places. My only mission was to get points for the team. Not the nicest race in the end but we got what we wanted, so that was the most important thing.

Q. (Heikki Kulta – Turun Sanomat) Kimi, you just lost your championship title to Hamilton. How do you feel about that?

KR: You can always lose some points. OK, I lost it this year, so well done to him, he deserves it in the end. He got the most points from this year, so I don't feel bad. Of course, my season was not what I wanted in the end but that's racing. Sometimes you have bad moments during the season and it cost too many points for me this year but I will try to come back next year and it's a completely different story again. I won it once and for sure I want to win it more times but this year didn't happen and we will come back stronger next year and try to get it back.

You May Also Like

0 comments