Post Qualy Brazil 08

by - 11/04/2008 10:09:00 p.m.

Q. Kimi, an unusual situation for you playing a support role for Felipe. But you have done a great job starting right behind him on the grid and ahead of both McLarens.

Kimi RAIKKONEN: Yeah, I think I did more or less what I was supposed to do. I am in a good starting place. Actually I prefer to be third rather than second as here it has been pretty a good place to start. Hopefully we will get a good start and I think we have a car to pull away like we did last year and that would be perfect for the team and that is what we are aiming for and after that it is not up to us anymore. We can just finish where we want and see what happens after that.

Q. The Ferrari looks to have been right on the pace since the start of the weekend.

KR: I think the car definitely is good. I have not had the easiest weekend but anyhow we are where we should be. I think for the race I am pretty comfortable that my car is going to be quite strong. It wasn't perfect in the last qualifying, a bit too much understeer, but that is not a bad sign looking at how the tyres are working here and it is going to be hard for the tyres in the race. But I think we should be in a strong position for the race and in the end that's where we need to be strong. As long as we are in the front in qualifying it is enough and we will see what we can do tomorrow but not a bad team effort from us.

Q. You were in Felipe's position this time last year. What sort of advice have you been giving your young teammate?

KR: Like I said I think our only chance is to be first and second and hoping for a little bit of luck from the outside. It's not up to us anymore at that point. But that's our aim and we will see what happens.

Q. Kimi, third on the grid as last year, when you went on to win and take the championship as well, so your feelings about that?

KR: It's OK, not the ideal qualifying but I think I'm in a good position to have a good race, so that's the main thing. We will see what we can do tomorrow. I think the car should be strong in the race, so that's really the main thing in the end. As long as you're in a good position to start… I think we should have a good start and hopefully we are one and two after the first corner and then we can have a race from there but we will see what happens.

Q. It sounds as though the tyres could play more than their usual part in the Grand Prix. You were talking about tyre wear just now. Was that on hard tyres or soft tyres or both?

KR: I think the picture is quite similar to what it was last year here. Many people had some issues with tyres. Every time it's these kinds of conditions and people start to have problems with their tyre wear. We are usually in a strong position, and I think tomorrow, the tyres seem to be a bit on the edge here, so it should be OK for us.

Q. (Fulvio Solms – Corriere dello Sport) Felipe and Kimi, do you think that this grid creates extra pressure on Hamilton, and how strong is this pressure?

FM: I think so. I think the pressure is on his shoulders because I have nothing to lose. I am already second in the championship. It doesn't just depend on ourselves as we've said many times, so I think the pressure is on his shoulders for sure and we will see.

KR: I have nothing to add.

You May Also Like

0 comments