Kimi backs Ferrari for Silverstone

by - 6/25/2008 09:11:00 p.m.


World champion and Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen believes the team can repeat their French Grand Prix success at Silverstone.

Ferrari recorded a one-two finish in France, and the Finn hopes he can replicate last year's win at the British Grand Prix.
He said: "We expect to be really competitive at Silverstone. This week all the teams will test there ahead of the British GP. I'll drive on Thursday after Felipe has tested two days.

"I like the track and I have fond memories of it. It's good to come here with a car that can fight for the win."

The Finn was pragmatic about narrowly missing out on victory in France, adding: "Obviously I'm sorry that I didn't win a race where everything went well in the beginning.

"We have to look at the positive aspects: the team did great work and I gained eight points, although I had a problem, which could have made me retire. And now I'm closer to the top than I was after Canada.

"It's a hard championship with four drivers close together. We're not even half way through the season and there are still loads of points to gain. Last year at this point I was 20 points behind."

You May Also Like

0 comments