The Inside Line - on Lotus’s Kimi Raikkonen

by - 11/23/2012 11:47:00 a.m.


It’s no secret that Lotus’s Kimi Raikkonen isn’t a fan of long-winded media interviews - which is why we thought our quick-fire Inside Line format would be perfect for the Finn. And so it proved, with the 2007 world champion and 2012 Abu Dhabi winner providing brief but enlightening answers. What did we learn? For starters he loves steam, sushi and salmiak…

Q: What keeps you awake at night?
Kimi Raikkonen: Nothing keeps me awake. I have the ability to sleep well, wherever I am.

Q: If you could banish one thing from your life - for the rest of your life - what would that be?
KR: There is nothing to be banished.

Q: What’s been your most valuable life lesson?
KR: Never give up.

Q: What do you admire?
KR: Those boys from 1960s and early ‘70s in F1. Drivers made from steel in cars made of wood.

Q: If you could give your younger self some advice what would it be?
KR: Never give up.

Q: If your racing career ended this season what would you do with the rest of your life?
KR: I have some plans in my mind. I have a life outside racing as well, so it wouldn’t be the end of the world for me. (laughs)

Q: What animal best reflects your personality?
KR: My German Shepherd dog, Aksu.

Q: What is more important than winning?
KR: Health.

Q: What would you spend your last dollar on?
KR: I've got an idea, but it's a secret. (laughs)

Q: What is your biggest weakness?
KR: Candies, especially Finnish salmiak.

Q: What’s your ultimate comfort food?
KR: I'm a big friend of sushi dishes.

Q: What’s the first thing you do when you get home after a race?
KR: I've got a genuine Finnish sauna at home. It's the best place to relax and go through the race.

Q: What scares you?
KR: I'm not the type of a person who is scared of something. If something is going to happen, it's meant to be that way.

Q: What’s the best advice you have been given?
KR: Never give up.

Q: Are you the man you always thought you would become?
KR: Yes I am. My dream was always to become a world champion and that's what I have achieved.

Q: What tastes like home?
KR: Rye bread and liquorice.

Q: When were you happiest?
KR: October 21, 2007 in Sao Paulo, Brazil (after winning the world title).

Q: If you had to stay in one place for the rest of your life, where would it be?
KR: Finland.

You May Also Like

0 comments