Victorious Hamilton says: 'One of my toughest races ever'

by - 8/20/2012 06:38:00 p.m.



Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton described his drive to victory in Sunday’s Hungarian Grand Prix as one of his toughest ever.

Hamilton started from pole and never gave up his lead, using all his skills to see off challenges from  Kimi Raikkonen and third placed Romain Grosjean and take the chequered flag.

The 27-year-old said: “Well, what can I say? I’m over the moon! The team did a fantastic job, absolutely brilliant!

“It was a really enjoyable race – but it wasn’t at all easy. In fact, I reckon that it was one of the toughest races I’ve ever driven – but, guess what, I’ll savour it all the more for that.

“I was under a lot of pressure throughout all 69 laps. First, Romain (Grosjean) and then Kimi (Raikkonen) were right behind me, all the way through, and I had to look after my tyres without letting my pace drop, which was pretty tricky at times.

read more

You May Also Like

0 comments