Raikkonen left to rue his poor start

by - 7/14/2012 04:06:00 p.m.


Kimi Raikkonen was rueing a bad start as he had to be content with a fifth place finish in Sunday’s British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

The Finnish ace, from the Enstone-based Lotus team, who moved up to fifth in the standings, led home teammate Romain Grosjean in a dry race, which was won by Red Bull’s Mark Webber.

The Australian overtook Fernando Alonso four laps from home to leave the Spaniard in second, Sebastian Vettel third and Felipe Massa in fourth.

“I had a pretty okay first few corners,” he said. “But I had to avoid the cars in front and drove over the kerb on the inside of the turn, then I lost a place and was pushed wide.


“If I had stayed in front of Mark (Webber) at the start it would have been pretty good seeing where he finished, but after that Lewis (Hamilton) also got past me.

“I fought back and our car was strong, especially on the harder tyres. If I’d had a better start I could have finished much better.”

read more 

You May Also Like

0 comments