Raikkonen in no hurry to decide

by - 1/23/2010 03:56:00 p.m.

Kimi Raikkonen is in no hurry to decide his long-term future, saying he will wait until the middle of the year before looking at his options.
After ending his contract with Ferrari and failing to land a race-seat with McLaren, Raikkonen is off to the World Rally Championship this season after signing a deal with Citroen's Junior team.
But despite swapping series', the 2007 F1 World Champion could yet to return to F1 in 2011 with some reports claiming he could be on his way to Red Bull Racing.
Raikkonen, though, says he has yet to decide his future.
"I have always been interested in competing in the WRC and, at one point in my career, I've been offered this great opportunity by Red Bull," he told Autosprint. "So, why not take it? The doors to F1 are still open.
"I've dedicated nine years of my life to this series, and I have some truly excellent memories. I will take a decision midway through the year. Then I'll decide whether to stay in rallying, or to come back to the grands prix."

http://www.espnstar.com/motorsport/world-rally-championship/news/detail/item384199/Raikkonen-in-no-hurry-to-decide/

You May Also Like

0 comments