A place on the podium as a present

by - 10/12/2009 11:50:00 p.m.


Maranello - Traditionally the Interlagos circuit has always been favourable to Ferrari and we really hope that this will be true also this year, although we know that it will be difficult. The crucial point will be the aerodynamic downforce, but at the same time it’s important to have a stable car while braking. The last corner is very important, because it leads onto the long uphill straight leading to the main straight: the KERS should help us a lot there.
There’s no doubt that this track is connected to the most wonderful memory of my career. Two years ago I won the Drivers’ title here in Brazil, but I did well many more times, gaining five times a place on the podium. Usually Brazil is the last race on the calendar, but this year we’ve one more, the one in Abu Dhabi. I really like the classic circuits like Spa and Suzuka. Maybe Interlagos is not as technical like the other two, but it’s very demanding nevertheless. We’re driving anti-clockwise, which is not very common and the weather conditions can change in a second.
My goal is to gain a place on the podium, which might not be easy. Every race things are more and more difficult for us, because the other teams continue improving their cars, while we have been using the same car for a couple of months. We have to be perfect and benefit from eventual weak moments of our competitors
I’ll celebrate my 30th birthday on Saturday. A place on the podium would be a great present, but as I just said, also our competitors have to contribute to it somehow. We’ll try to keep the third position in the Constructors’ standings. For my birthday celebrations I’ll wait until I’m back in Europe to celebrate with my friends and my family.

via Ferrari.com

You May Also Like

0 comments