Interview to Kimi Raikkonen (III)

by - 5/10/2009 12:24:00 a.m.

So you can relax and enjoy ice cream, you also enjoy rallying what was the Artic Rally like?

It’s completely different to F1 and when it’s new it’s exciting. I’ve wanted to do it for many, many years and when I got the chance, I did another rally afterwards. There are so many things to learn but it’s a big challenge and I enjoyed it.

In the future after F1 can you see yourself as a rally driver or following Mika Hakkinen into DTM?

DTM definitely not, I’m not interested but rallying is something that has always been a good sport and probably when I stop F1 I will try and do more rallies and perhaps take it seriously so we’ll see what happens.

What about your future in F1 can you see yourself getting as many Grands Prix as you can?

No, not really. I’ve been enough in there and I have no interest in just driving around for races or the teams. I’m happy where I am now and I have a contract for next year then it’s more or less my decision what I want to do. We’ll see how it goes and how Formula 1 is going first of all. There are a lot of question marks and nobody seems to know what kind of rules we are going to get.

If there’s a £40m budget cap do you think Ferrari will still be in F1?

I don’t know. There are a lot of question marks and I’m not the guy to answer those.

Would you want to be in a series like that?

I think this is not Formula 1 anymore and that’s why there is a question mark so we’ll see what happens but I will definitely finish my contract and then see what is happening but I’m not in a hurry and we’ll wait and see.

What would you like the future of F1 to be like? Do you think there should be a budget cap?

There needs to be some reasonable budget for everybody but it’s hard to put the bigger and smaller teams on the same level so it’s very difficult to make everybody happy and that’s the biggest issues. It would be nice to get more close racing but we are getting into that area and it still needs to improve.

This season can you still fight for the world championship or is it over for 2009?

The next few races will show which way we are going to go but we know it is going to be difficult. Some teams are faster now than us and it’s never going to be easy to catch them up. We can win races this year but I’m not so sure we can fight for the championship. But we’ll keep fighting and see what happens – we don’t give up that’s for sure.

You May Also Like

0 comments