Interview to Kimi Raikkonen (I)

by - 5/05/2009 12:22:00 a.m.

The following interview has been released to BBC from the Finnish driver of the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro.

Kimi you’ve just opened the Ferrari store, do you have fans wherever you go or can you still be a bit low-key?

If I go on my own time people don’t expect me to be somewhere. If I come on my own probably people don’t notice me but this is work and so isn’t private.

We’re about to fly off to Barcelona, can you believe it’s been a year since you’re last victory?

Yes, sometimes it goes like that. If you think it’s a long time but the time goes quickly in F1 and hopefully soon we can win again. The car is a bit better now so I expect us to be a bit stronger but I don’t know how much the other teams have improved so we need to wait and see.

If someone had said to you, you would only have three points going into this race would you have believed them?

I don’t know if it’s bad luck we’re just not as strong as we should be. You cannot expect anything in F1, it changes so quickly. We are in a situation right now and you just have to try and get out it and try to improve and get back to where we should be.

What updates will you have on the car?

We have a new aero package. We have done some straight line testing but from there it’s pretty hard to say how much better it will be. Definitely it should be better than the last races.

From your point of view as a driver how much do you enjoy driving for Ferrari as a prestige brand? Do you want the team to regain its history?

Of course, we’d rather have good races and results but racing is sometime like this. Ferrari is a perfect place to be racing as a team and with the people so I wouldn’t really change to another team. I’ve been with a few other teams in F1 but Ferrari is in many ways a different place. I’m very happy to be there. Of course, we’re not as happy as maybe we were last year because we are not winning but that’s normal in any racing so once we start winning it’ll be more happy but the atmosphere in the team hasn’t changed.

You May Also Like

0 comments