GUNPOWDER FROM CHINA

by - 4/17/2009 12:12:00 a.m.

This is the first time we race in China in the beginning of the season when it's springtime. To me the new time doesn't mean a thing. I always go to races in the same way. The goal is every time to score good points and do my best so that I would win the race.

China has been a good place for me before. Ever since the Shanghai circuit was new we have always found the setups so that we have been able to fight for the trophies. Two years ago I won the race and I've always got a good result from there. Now I have to hope that Shanghai finally would give the cannon start to our fight for the championship. After all they invented the gunpowder over in China!

Like the gang knows the situation regarding the championship is still pending. Our team and me myself have had a really bad start. But still we know that we would have earned reasonable points with our competitivness if we would have had a a little more luck. Of course it's unneccessary to grieve. In motorsport you have one moment - and that's when you have to make it. If you don't make it it's no use to start thinking 'what if' afterwards because it won't change a thing.

But luckily for us this is once again a long serie. And it isn't over yet. We've only raced two races and we have 15 more to go to. Of course it's important that we start scoring points with a pace now so that we can catch up with the top and won't stay behind anymore.

The team has worked hard after Australia and Malaysia so that the chase can begin from China.

It's a bit more tricky now when we can't test the car on the track. The new regulations makes it more difficult for those who have to chase the top from the beginning of the season. Now the GP-weekend's Friday is an even more important opportunity to test when you have to test all new parts along with the rubbers.

I'm now 15 points behind the lead. Our car has lacked traction and speed. To China we get some new parts and let's hope that they work immediately so that we are faster. This week is exciting in other ways too when FIA will give the decision about the diffusors. While I'm writing this I'm still waiting for the verdict.

It's a fact that other teams will bring new parts to China also. That's why it's difficult to say how big the differences are when compared to the top. But I'm hopeful and wish that we are closer to the top than we have been during the first two weekends.

After Malaysia I flew to Switzerland, then I did a gig in Italy and during the Easter I went to Finland to say hi to the folks and my friends. We had time to play some icehockey and now I get to go totally fresh to the race. I'll try to win or at least get to the podium. Nothing else matters.

You May Also Like

0 comments