BANDIT CHIPS

by - 4/15/2009 08:16:00 a.m.

For me this year has started just like the game Africa's star back in the old days. I have done two trips already and on both occasions I turned up the bandit chip. The season couldn't have started more worse than this.

Now I have to find really fast the ruby or at least the horse shoe chip so that I would have a chance to grab Africa's star when the season ends.

I mean this was a surprise to all of us. We miss a lot of pace. Nobody could have expected things to turn out this way.

The whole team is on zero points after two races. Now we have gone back to the square from where we started from and concentrate on getting the car better and quickly. The fact is that in both Melbourne and Malaysia we didn't have the fastest car and with that car we cannot fight for the victory. But it's good enough so that we can get good results if we just wouldn't make mistakes.

Now we have made way too many wrong choices and cockpit up. If we would have got it right we would have got good points from both races.

In Melbourne we had a good pace in practice. Of course you never know what the others are plotting but at least if felt that it would go better in Malaysia.

I got a decent laptime in quali. Uptil then everything worked so well that some good points would have been expected.

In the race nothing went according to our plans. I was able to go up in the start but then I got stuck behind Alonso. He also used the KERS in the start and he had a heavy car but was in front of me. But there's nothing you can do about that. Cockpit ups happen and we have had too many of them.

It's exciting with KERS. In practice the whole cockpit was filled with smoke when the batteries heated up. Then my race would have ended because with the heavy rain there was too much risk. At that point the game was already lost anyway.

Now we have to wait what FIA decides about the appeals. It's an important decision but no matter what they decide we have to get our car faster and traction better and fast.

I can't promise anything about China. I will try to win but it's ok if I would even get to the podium.

You May Also Like

0 comments