KIMI IN THE FIA PRESS CONFERENCE - Suzuka 2005

by - 11/22/2008 02:12:00 p.m.

Q. Kimi, to what extent is the season now finished for you personally?
For the Drivers' Championship, but there are still two races to try to win the Constructors' Championship but we will do the best that we can for the last two remaining races.
Q. Does anything change for you in these last two races?
Of course, in one way because were fighting hard for the Drivers' Championship and for me personally it is more important than the others but of course I want to do the best for the team also but it's not so exciting any more.
Q. So, what has been the most significant point for you this season?
I think once we got back to Europe, the package started to go better, we got the best out of the car and the package, so I think that was the important part of the season and then we started winning. Of course it was nice to win the races and we aimed to win the Championship also but anyhow we did the best we could and we will try next year again.
Q. So what have you learned this year?
I don't know what I've learned really. Of course, you always learn from mistakes from your driving in races, but nothing really significant.
Q. Your hopes for 2006?
We will try to fight for the Championship and try to win it but with all the new rules we don't know what's going to happen next year. But I think we will have a good package anyhow and hopefully it will be good enough for winning races and fighting for the Championship.
Q. And in ten years time, can you see yourself still racing?
I don't know. I think that is too far away. It all really depends what in the coming years. If you enjoy it then maybe you will keep going, but ten years is quite a long time so I don't know.
Q. Finally, there is continuous speculation about you and Ferrari. Can you make a comment?
They're not new rumours, they are already three years old. But of course, now, everyone knows that my contract is only to next year with McLaren so maybe it becomes more exciting to write those rumours but the fact is that I have a contract next year and I'm happy with the team and for sure the car will also be good next year and I don't see any reason to go anywhere else. OK, after next year, we will see again, but I'm happy to stay.

You May Also Like

0 comments