Raikkonen: My critics are wrong

by - 8/17/2008 07:49:00 p.m.

Kimi Raikkonen has insisted that he is still in Formula 1 to win races.

The Finn has slipped back in the race to defend his title after being in a very healthy position following the Spanish Grand Prix, and has now expressed his determination to add to both his race win and title count.
"If I am in a race, then I want to win it. It is never great fun to be fifth or sixth - even third place doesn't feel so great to me anymore. I only want to win," the GMM news agency quotes the Ferrari man as telling German newspaper Bild.

"Whoever thinks I am content or tired is completely wrong. If we do not get both championship titles at the end of the season, then we will be disappointed."

Raikkonen lies five points behind standings leader Lewis Hamilton, as his struggles with one-lap pace continue.

You May Also Like

0 comments