Kimi: I never said I was retiring

by - 8/03/2008 01:25:00 p.m.


World champion Kimi Raikkonen says he has never stated that he would retire when his contract with Ferrari is up.
It has been widely reported that the Finn would quit Formula One when his Ferrari contract expires at the end of the 2009 season.
The media has gone so far as to moot drivers to replace Raikkonen, including double world champion Fernando Alonso.
Raikkonen said:
"I never said anything like that. I only said that I have a contract until the
end of next year and then somebody made up that I will stop at the end of this
year or the end of next year, but I never said that.
When he was asked whether he was still enjoying F1, he added:
"Yeah, but like I said, there are a lot of other things in life but I'm
enjoying
this. I have a great time, I have a great time with them.
"Of course it would be better if we could do a little bit better right now but
that's racing and for sure we will get where we want."

You May Also Like

0 comments